Aftermore than four decades of involvement (personal as well as professional) and in nearly every aspect of effectively leading in identifying and preparing and preparing, training, and developing and advising thousands of current, or potential leaders, I’m convinced that, as well as advise others not to do anything of significant, usually happens, unless/ until, an evaluative pertinent, sustainable solid, well-thought out action plan, is created and implemented effectively! This process should start with, professionally – designed and crafted strategic planning which analyzes everything that is relevant to the group’s past, history objectives, mission, demographics financial health/ well – being, present circumstances, strengths, and weaknesses along with its leadershipand capability to be a leader! With this in mind, this article will attempt tobrief, consider, examine some of the issues, then review and debate the essential steps to create a useful action plan.
1. Strategic planning that is thorough:There is, almost, always, a direct relationship between the caliber of the plan, its relevance, and the thoroughness of an organization’s strategic plan and the achievement of creating and execution of the best – possible, action plan! It is essential to know how to comprehend what is necessary and essential, as well as the choices and alternatives to develop a high-quality strategic plan that is effective, and only after this is accomplished, can an action plan that is viable and effective plan, be perceived and conceptualized, developed, and effectively, implemented!
2. Consider ramifications as well as contingencies:It essential to comprehend, and recognize, that there aretypically consequences of any decision taken in addition to when you are procrastinating! A wise leader requires careful analysis of these issues, as well as creating, in advance contingency plans, that could be easily utilized!
3. Alternatives and choices:Since, there are often, a variety of choices and options, making a decision wisely, should be the responsibility of an experienced leader! Think about as many factors as you can, while keeping an open – mind!
4. Goals, priorities; perceptions and needs:What are the most effective goals, and true goals of your company, in the present, and into – the future? If so, what are they? How do you efficiently respond to the perceptions of your constituents and actual needs to the extent that it brings – about, an exchange of the – minds, for the common good?
5. Sustainable and relevant, instead of populist, or anything else:Too often leadership is elected through populist, empty promises, and rhetoric, where what is truly important is an extensive, meaningful and sustainable planning and effective actions in a properly assessed, timely manner and using time – tested expertise, etc.
6. Timeline with Table of ResponsibilitiesOnce, the best strategic planning, is thoroughly executed and you are aware of what you want, an essential aspect of your action plan should be an outline of the timeline to review and reflect, using indicators, what is happening according to the plan and what is required to be tweaked! A great leader develops an internal circle comprised of trustworthy advisors, and part of the planning, must be, having a table of responsibility, that is a part of each section, and managed by the right individuals, etc.
If you hope to lead wisely, taking these steps, to develop an effective action plan is vital! Are you ready for the task and the responsibility?